Plein Air Registration
Please read directions carefully, as registration has changed since last year’s event.
To register for Plein Air 2021, please fill out the form below. Once the form is submitted you will be redirected to the payment page which will allow you to submit payment using credit card, drop off or mail.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Dottie at 970-870-1755, ext. 102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Through July 31: SAM Members: $50 | SAM non-members: $75
Aug. 1- Sept. 11: SAM Members: $75 | SAM non-members: $90
After Sept. 11: $100 for all artists
- Check-in: Artists must check-in at SAM starting Fri. Sept. 17, 8am- 5pm to receive a registration packet and have canvases/papers stamped.
- Sales: SAM will receive 40% commission and artists will receive 60% of all painting sales. Quick Draw artwork will be sold at the event on Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021. All artists will be given free entry to the Quick Draw event.
- Painting drop-off: Artists will turn in up to 5 paintings by Thursday, Sept 23 between 12pm and 5pm for the Exhibit Opening Reception and Sale on Friday, Sept. 24 at the Steamboat Art Museum.
- Check the website periodically – New events, schedules, and guidelines will be added as the we get closer to SAM Plein Air 2021!
NEW THIS YEAR! – Artists must choose to participate in the Professional or Open divisions. The division you choose is up to you.
- These divisions help all artists keep pace with participants of similar skill levels, and helps buyers discern price point disparities. SAM wants to recognize and award emerging artists as well as professional artists!
Choose the “Professional” Division if:
- Generate a portion of your income from the sale of your paintings.
- You are represented by an established gallery and/or have collectors.
- You are regularly engaged in the creation and selling of your paintings, or teaching art.
- Your contemporaries would classify you as a professional-level artist.
Choose the “Open” Division if:
- You have never earned a substantial part of your living in teaching or sale of your paintings.
- You are not represented by a gallery or have collectors.
- You consider yourself a learning or emerging artist.
- Painting is a passion but you also want to share and sell your work.
- You want your paintings to be evaluated alongside the paintings of artists at a similar skill level.
*All Fields Are Required