STEAMBOAT ART MUSEUM PLEIN AIR 2021
EVENTS AND EXHIBIT
Plein Air Event: September 17 – 24, 2021
Exhibit on display and for sale at SAM Sept. 25-Nov. 6, 2021
SAM’s Plein Air Event brings the community and visitors together with artists from near and far as they paint on location. Showcasing the beauty of the Yampa Valley, the paintings that are created during this extraordinary week spotlight historic landmarks, ranches, the community of Steamboat Springs and our growing arts and cultural offerings. – This event is uniquely Steamboat!
ARTISTS SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
FRIDAY, SEPT 17th
Artist Check-In at SAM ~ 807 Lincoln Ave and OPEN Paint Day
- 8 am – 5 pm: Artists check-in and get canvases/paper stamped.
SATURDAY, SEPT 18th
QUICK DRAW and Sale at the Steamboat Farmer’s Market ~ 7th and Yampa Streets.
- Artists paint from 10 am – noon. Paintings for sale 12:30 – 2 pm.
SUNDAY, SEPT 19th
OPEN Paint Day – Artists Paint at locations of their choice
Artists Happy Hour – TBD
MONDAY, SEPT 20th
Paint at a designated location (TBD) or choose your own location
TUESDAY, SEPT 21th
Paint at Private Location (TBD) Paint at a designated location (TBD) or choose location
- Artists Happy Hour – TBD
WEDNESDAY, SEPT 22th
Paint at Alpine Mountain Ranch or choose their own location
- Sunset Preview Reception and Sale with Patrons at Alpine Mountain Ranch
- Jane Hunt Arrives
THURSDAY, SEPT 23th
Main Street Steamboat Day
- Paint in Downtown Steamboat or choose location
- 8am – 5pm – Painting Drop Off! Paintings must be turned in Thurs to give staff time for hanging, judging and preview and reception for patrons on Friday
- Jane Hunt Q&A – Scheduled time TBD
FRIDAY, SEPT 24th
Installation & Opening Reception – All schedule times TBD
- Installation by Museum staff and volunteers
- Jane Hunt Judging, and Awards of Excellence Judging
- Art Benefactors admitted for Early Preview
- Reception and Awards Ceremony, Open to the Public
FEATURED ARTIST & GUEST JUDGE
Master Signature Member: PAPNM, WAOW
Signature Member: OPA, AIS, AWA, PAAC & LPAPA
Artist Member: Salmagundi Club and the California Art Club.
Following her move from England to the US as a teenager, Jane Hunt received her B.F.A. in illustration from the Cleveland Institute of Art. After working as an illustrator for several years, Hunt eventually returned to her true love: landscape oil painting. The artist’s works have won over 200 awards and hold the distinction of receiving the most annual Oil Painters of America awards (5 in 2018) as well as the record number of annual Plein Air Salon wins (8 in 2020).
Hunt’s paintings have been featured in Fine Art Connoisseur, Southwest Art, Art of the West, Mountain Living, Luxe, Plein Air Magazine, Western Art & Architecture, and many more. She’s represented by galleries across the US, as well as her native England. Now based in Colorado, she frequently paints plein air, and continues to be awed by the beauty surrounding her.